Wednesday, July 12, 2017

New Mystic Romance from Fun Stampers Journey - Happy Birthday



Hello!  I'm back for my third project using the new Mystic Romance collection from Fun Stampers Journey.  You can see my first project here, and my second project here.   And if you missed it, Richard Garay shared three projects and videos last week using this collection.  You can catch those on his Facebook Page here or stop by the Fun Stampers Journey blog here.  Be sure to subscribe to the FSJ blog, there's daily inspiration from the Journey Station and Richard.  

For my project today, I used the Note Pocket Die Template, which is also part of the Starter Kit to become a Coach.  And too good not to share quickly that for the month of July, the promotion for the starter kits doubles the stamps!  So a great time join the Journey!

Once I die cut the pocket in Pool Play, I used the Slit Punch twice to thread my ribbon through it.  I thread each end through the front, then thread each end back through (but not the same hole), wrapped the excess around and tied in a bow.



For my stamping, I used the large dauber to ink up my stamps.  I inked the lighter color first on each one.  For the leaves, I started with Oatmeal Cookie; for the flower, I started with Limeade Splash.  Then came back with Blue Lagoon on the leaves, and Orange Creamsicle on the flower.  Each time using the dauber with the pad in the same color family.  The dauber creates a nice blend, especially with using two colors.

For the inside, I trimmed Turbo Teal cardstock to 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Dark Roast.  I used Dark Roast instead of Black Licorice for the same reason I used Butter Cream cardstock for my stamping.  It creates a little softer look rather than a stark contrast look.  I wanted a little rustic, countryside feel to this.



I have a fetish for pocket dies like this.  I love how unique and creative you can get with them.  It is the excitement of the DIY type thing for me as a crafter.  All the supplies are linked above.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Excited to be back soon with some Gel Press projects next!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!